Saturday 27 July 2013

Photo of the Day

So I took this photo about two months ago and you'll be able to find it on my Flickr photostream. I decided to put this picture up today because I already miss seeing the bluebells dotted around Wiltshire, and because this was taken at one of my favourite places I frequently go to, at Savernake Forest in Marlborough. My family, some friends and I have been going on days out to Savernake Forest since I can remember as a toddler, and I love it there, now mostly because it provides good opportunities for good photos underneath the green leaves in the summer, when the bluebells spread out in the spring, when the leaves are red and cover the forest floor in the autumn and when the winter leaves contrast between the black bare trees and the white snow. If you happen to live in or around Wiltshire I would thoroughly recommend taking friends or family out there on a picnic or dog walk for a great day out. They even have designated barbeque areas set up if you can't have a day out without hot food like burgers and hot dogs (like my meat addicted sister Alana :P)

2 comments:

  1. we should sooo go again soon it was amazing at Savernake Forest!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we should, haven't been there in ages!

      Delete